Thursday, February 26, 2009

Who I Am

A slip of words
A knowing look
Today I said, and it was not mistook
Jesus, Lord please let those words not hurt
Let the truth come out and help heal the wounds
The friendships that have been formed and that are formed without past in mind
Lord, let those friendships prosper and abound
Please, don't let anything come in between
God, you know how much these people mean
A few words, so transparent, so quickly
They slipped through my lips
Now they are out in the open
To the ones who see, Lord, please let them see
Who I am now, and who You are molding me to be
Let the past not hinder, but rather teach
Lord, You see and know me
My God, please show me where to go from here
Allow my past to be a witness to who You are
Allow me to be a vessel that sheds light to a world who doesn't see

***I think I'll start writing something I am thankful for each time I write... or at least attempt to.
Today I am thankful for friends who love me for me, and don't care where I've been or what I've done... Those friends that I can trust will be here even when I tell them the dark stories of before, and especially those that I do not doubt are telling the truth when they say, "I love you."

2 comments:

  1. you know i love you, always will. and i'm here for you (do i sound like a broken record? =P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This past Tuesday i was able to hear a testimony of a woman who shared her past, and her life, in the end she realized that she was not trusting God to change her desires. As she was able to begin to trust God and His power, she began to see things change as God began to work in her. Her testimony was one that gave me hope, it was a great encouragement to those who struggle with the same things that she has came through during her walk with the Lord and also an encouragement still to those who have not struggled with similar issues. All that to say that there is power in a testimony and courage to share it. I truly do Love You SISTER!! More than i will ever be able to express!!!

    ReplyDelete