Sunday, December 6, 2009

But How Lord, Oh How?

Something inside me beckons to You, Lord
Something inside me desires to call Your name
Something inside me draws me nearer You, Lord
Something inside me wants to scream Your name

You are the King of kings
You are the Lord of lords
How can I continue here
If I know that there is so much more

You have my heart
You tug, oh so softly
Beckoning and calling to me
You want me

But why, Lord why?

You say I am yours
You claim You want me
But how can You a king… The King
Want anyone such as me?

I have failed and I have failed you
I strive and put on a facade
It looks good out here,
Oh, but have You looked inward
Dear Lord, have You?
What is found there?
Blackness, dirt, filth!
How can I be Your desire,
How can I fail to desire You more…

From the depths of my heart I hear You calling
You are here inside me now,
But where will I turn
What more can I hide
I want to come
I want to uncover You in the hidden depths of my being
But how Lord, oh how?
---
Written Fall 2009

2 comments:

  1. wow... that made me tear up... that was so... sad... and many other different emotions... I like it...

    ReplyDelete