Saturday, December 5, 2009

Just wanna be with you.... Just want this waiting to be over....

(Chris Rice - Smile)

So, I guess I am going to have to start updating this more. I kind of made a deal with a couple of friends.

Today was a lot better than last night, and I enjoyed the time I got to spend with some friends that I haven't really talked to in a long time. I am thankful for that opportunity.

This morning I woke up in a cranky mood, but I told myself to get over it and move on. As I attempted to do that I got a text from Keri asking if I wanted to go to Muskogee with her and Sarah. Of course I took her up on it! I mean who would rather sit here alone for hours doing homework and fussing with the animals? Not I! So I told her twenty minutes, showered and got ready, and then her and Sarah came to pick me up.

We went to Hobby Lobby and I got stuff I need to make cross necklaces. Then we headed to Ross where I got slacks, dog bowls, and a few other items. After that we trekked to the mall and looked around. I don't think any of us bought anything there. We then came home and I cleaned out the bowls and started using them.

Later on, Bonica and Sarah came over to go to dinner. We ended up going to El Zarape... go figure.... us and Mexican food. : ) I loved it. We had the best night of just talking, catching up and hanging out. We basically talked for over four hours straight about anything and everything. It was such a blessing, and it was a great encouragement for where I am right now. I am so glad that we hung out and got to talk. Hopefully we will do it more often as we have also talked about.

It made me realize how much I missed them. It made me realize how much I miss a lot of things. I am not really plugged into a ministry before that ministers to and challenges me. I don't know if that is just because of where I am or if it is due to me not actively seeking it as I should be. I miss God, and I miss being super close to Him. He hasn't walked away from me... but I have definitely slid away from Him. I know what I need to do, but making the effort to get to where I need to be just isn't there. My heart isn't truly in it. I don't really understand way, but I can put it pretty simply... I am holding onto the things of this world.

I guess that is about it... Church tomorrow. AND TONS of homework... because I was supposed to work on that today and last night... blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment