Friday, March 5, 2010

Take One Now

Put down the iphone
Put down the cell phones
Drop the earbuds out of your ears

Sit and listen to me
Run home to me
Hear me speaking
Listen to the whispering in your ear

You are free to run
You are free to dance
Now listen up and listen here

I am your Lord
I am your God
You are weary my child
Whether you realize it or not
Let me hold you and draw you near

I should be your love
I should be your peace
I should fill the void you feel
Deep inside your heart

You hold me back
You won’t step forward
Why is this my child
When I am your Lord?

You are my King
You are my Lord
I want to listen
But there is so much noise

I know I run
I know I hide
I know though
That I want to try

I want to hear you, my King
I want to do as you please
I want to follow,
I want to run,
Oh, and how I long to dance

I know you will not fail me,
But how am I to believe
That the words spoken so anciently
Will always apply to me?

I may step and stumble,
Lord, what then will you think?
I am your child,
I love you so,
But the trust just isn’t there as You well know

Take a step little one
Take one and see
Take one now
See if you fall or if you feel free

Move little one
Move forward a little more
Move now, my child
Continue
Do it once more

See you are still standing
Build your trust in me
Take the steps asked of you
And I promise you will see

I am here for you
I forever will be
You are my child
And I have given you family

Look around you now
What is it that you see?
Friends who are family
Because you have accepted me

I will always listen.
I am always here.
I will not leave you,
Nor will I ever forsake you

Now, will you just trust and believe me?

No comments:

Post a Comment